Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for a Buyer to join our Major Projects team to work at Bristol.
What you’ll be doing
As a Buyer, you will be responsible to:
- Carry out the procurement process for procurement requirements in accordance with NNB/EDF/MAJOR PROJECTS procurement & supply chain management strategy, under the supervision of the Senior Buyer;
- Prepare of request for proposals and quotations;
- Compile of data relating to supplier responses, highlighting inconsistencies and differences and presenting information enable evaluation of responses;
- Carry out supplier evaluations for designated procurement exercises;
- Conduct negotiations to enable the shortlisting of suppliers, for designated procurement exercises;
- Support final negotiations with selected suppliers;
- Prepare orders in accordance with Major Projects procurement governance;
- Liaise with sites to assist with the resolution of supply issues, as and when required;
- Provide regular reports on procurement and supplier performance;
- Monitor vendor database to ensure that it contains up to date details of available suppliers;
- Monitor the supply market to identify potential new suppliers and products and meet with suppliers to understand their products;
- Focus on exceeding minimum service expectations by delivering an agile, value adding service with a deep understanding of customer requirements, technical competence, functional knowledge and process efficiency;
- Establish performance led, long term supplier relationships focusing on value for money, service & product quality and continuous improvement to drive competitive advantage for Balfour Beatty;
- Live the Balfour Beatty Values;
- Ensure a relentless focus on Zero Harm;
- Support the delivery of Major Projects Sustainability activities.
Who we’re looking for
You will have the following qualities and experience:
- Procurement processes within a construction related environment;
- R12 experience would be an advantage;
- Advanced excel skills;
- Organised and an understanding of procurement compliance,, commercial awareness, a measured approach to decision making, and the ability to ensure best value procurement;
- The ability to adopt a pragmatic, yet disciplined approach to process compliance, is essential;
- MCIPS or an interest in studying towards MCIPS is advantageous.
CV’s must be submitted in a pdf format.