Please find an opportunity for a Delivery and Dispatch Assistant to work for Somerset Larder on the Hinkley Point C Project.
To support the central production kitchen delivery and dispatch operation ensuring the safe movement of goods around the unit, supporting accurate and timely delivery of goods and equipment, as required, to outlets across the Somerset Larder operation, ensuring that all-round service quality and health & hygiene standards are achieved at all times.
This role is working Mon-Fri – 5.30am-2pm (Occasional Sundays – with a day off in the week)
Job Description and main duties:
- To liaise with the Stores manager for the requirements of the stores/delivery operation on a day-to-day and weekly-planning basis
- To place goods orders with agreed suppliers, in line with requirements and agreed processes
- The receipt and checking of food goods deliveries, ensuring that the required quality, health and hygiene requirements are met, in line with FSMS procedures.
- The appropriate storage of delivered goods, ensuring that stock rotation and Health and safety requirements are met
- All services within the catering outlet are carried out to the agreed standards of hospitality/customer care for all customers and colleagues
- Support daily deliveries to outlets on and off site are carried out within agreed timetables ‘
- To assist the Stores Manager with the induction and training of stores/delivery staff on agreed standards & procedures
- To assist in completing the monthly stock taking within the stores
- To ensure that staff personal hygiene and professional appearance, including work clothing/footwear standards, accords with the agreed standards, at all times
- To use electrical and hand-held equipment as required within the course of tasks and duties, following standard safety and hygiene procedures as agreed
- To work & liaise effectively & supportively with all other Somerset Larder colleagues & departments in the interests of contributing to a professional work environment
- To undertake as agreed, other duties and working development opportunities required and in-keeping with the role
- Smart/professional appearance.
- Fastidious personal grooming, cleanliness and freshness.
- Complete On-boarding and Vetting successfully.
- Flexible, conscientious and co-operative.
- Honest and trustworthy.
- Available to work 5 out of 7 days.
- Able to commit to flexible start and finish times each day.
- Able to follow Company policies and procedures
- Self-motivated and practical.
- Ability and willingness to work on own but as part of a team.
- Understanding of the wider impact of the decisions on the company and the customer.
- Systematic – ability to carry out repetitious, routine assignments effectively.
- Ability to communicate with others effectively.
- Embraces and complies with the Zero Harm culture.
- Good general education and numeracy skills.
- Good organizational skills.
- Good inter personal skills including clear concise communication.
- Able to work under pressure, against timeline and sometimes changing information.
- Problem solving skills, ability to work around particular hurdles placed at short notice.
- Gain insight in to the NNB particular way of working, with understanding for the need of enhanced security and vetting procedures.
- Ordered, organised and able to work well and safely within the different environments of each of areas and supply elements of the HPC Contract.
- A sense of humour and a positive attitude, as at times work streams rapidly change and can be testing in terms of challenging understanding.
- Full, UK driving licence and have at least 12 months driving experience and no more than 6 points.
- A basic understanding of food storage and delivery procedures on a similar scope and scale, including ‘stock rotation’
- Level 2 Food Hygiene Certificate
- A Good Understanding of Health and Safety Issues through appropriate training and practice – including HACCP, COSHH, Manual Handling
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated and self-development outlook
- Hold a current UK driving licence
CV’s must be submitted in a pdf format.
|Closing date for application||Before Wednesday 13th March 2019|
|Hours||Mon-Fri – 5.30am-2pm (Occasional Sundays – with a day off in the week)|