Employability and Construction Skills Trainer and Coordinator
|Employability and Construction Skills Trainer and Coordinator |
Salary: upto £27,358
Hours: 37 hours per week
Overall purpose of the job:
|High quality delivery of a range of training services for Greater Manchester residents who meet the eligibility criteria for the Construction Skills Fund with a view to progress into employment within the construction industry in the local area. |
|Key responsibilities, accountabilities and duties: |
- Develop materials and training courses designed to progress customers into employment within construction in line with the Construction Skills Fund.
- Establish and deliver both group and one-to-one activities as part of client interventions including initial assessments and inductions with clients.
- Deliver both group and one-to-one intervention(s) following induction and assessment:
- – Identify individual learning needs;
– Plan training to ensure it suits individual customer needs;
– Prepare and develop resources to support learning
– Facilitate learning in groups that improves employability and progression through presentations and activities;
- Provide feedback to ETCs on customer progression and further actions that could assist the customer
- Evaluate training and development sessions
- Identify and work with local training providers within the construction sector that deliver key qualifications in line with employment opportunities.
- Facilitate, deliver, design and coordinate construction focussed training courses in groups and one to one interventions, including but not exclusively:
- Health and Safety in the construction environment (Delivery)
- Employability training
- Work placements on site (Facilitate and coordinate)
- Working at Heights training (Facilitate and coordinate)
- Manual Handling (Facilitate and coordinate)
- Transferable skills
- Barriers to employment
- CPCS courses (off site)
- Seek ways to continuously improve service and own performance and report to manager on this.
- Carry out associated Administration work including report writing, collecting and analysing management information, evaluating service delivery and audit and review of records.
- PGCE qualification or equivalent.
- Driving Licience
- Key Skills: Additional qualification in ESOL/Learners with Additional needs / Numeracy & Literacy.
- Ability to work with challenging customer groups.
- Capability to deliver a wider range of training courses suitable for The Works customers.
- Recent experience of delivering training of customers with wide range of needs and barriers.
- Experience of working with long-term unemployed customers.
- Experience of coordinating training which includes external and internal delivery partners and tutors.
- Excellent knowledge of training and qualification frameworks.
- Good knowledge of customer base and needs.
- Good knowledge of additional learning needs such as dyslexia, dyspraxia, ESOL etc.
- Knowledge of the Construction Industry and associated training.
- A warm approachable style to delivery is required in order to build relationships and rapport with customers
- A flexible approach to location and courses delivered.
- Ability to understand, demonstrate and apply GC values: Make a positive difference, stronger together, empower people, do the right thing, build on success.
CV’s must be submitted in a pdf format.
|Job Category||Coordinator, Trainer|
|Closing date for application||Wednesday 19th December 2018 |
|Salary||Up to £27,358 |
|Hours||37 per week |
error: Content is protected !!