|Key responsibilities, accountabilities and duties:
- Raise awareness of the service through targeted marketing and outreach activities in order to increase the number of referrals.
- Work to monthly set targets for referrals, providing IAG for 400 Customers with 200 accessing the Construction Skills Fund over the time of Programme.
- Verify participants’ eligibility for the Programme and refer to the construction Academy if eligible.
- Refer people to relevant sources of further advice and support.
- Complete initial assessment paperwork including documentation to check eligibility for the Programme as well as the initial assessments required.
- Accurately record all participant records including inputting participant details onto system.
- Adhere to all quality, equal opportunities, health and safe and safeguarding policies and procedures.
- Ensure customers receive a multi-channel offer, personalised to meet individual needs, to develop career management skills, encourage independence and lead to sustained learning and job outcomes within construction.
- Manage a wide range of customers caseload to achieve targets, specifically sustained employment or sustained learning with the constructions skills fund.
- Utilise labour market information and employer links in order to support customers to achieve required outcomes for sustained employment.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with key partners and agencies in order to generate a flow of eligible and appropriate new customers specifically for construction.
- Receive referrals of new customers from partners or via the telephone and carry out an assessment of need, identifying the type and level of support required.
- Deliver personalised support to customer via appropriate channels including through social media, email, telephone, SMS, group workshops, face to face sessions and webinars.
- Produce a high-quality action plan for each customer and ensure levels of service in initial interactions achieve customer satisfaction.
- Work proactively with colleagues to maximise the tracking of customers outcomes and ease the evidence generation process.
- Carry out associated administration work including report writing, collecting and analysing management information, evaluating service delivery and the audit and review records.
- Ensure compliance with requirements of the CITB/DFE, Construction skills fund and exceed minimum standards.
- Take part of observations, assess own delivery, and act of feedback, including undertaking CPD.
- Work across multiple sites in Greater Manchester as required.
- Additional or alternative duties as reasonably required by the Company.
- Must hold NVQ level 3 in Advice & Guidance with a commitment to work towards level 4 or possess a higher Careers Advice & Guidance qualification at Level 4, DipCG or equivalent (evidence will be required at interview)
- Ability to work in a target driven environment, with focus on the successful achievement of outcomes for customers.
- High level guidance skills to Ofsted grade 2 standard with the ability to diagnose and assess customer’s needs, use LMI effectively, motivate customers, empowering them to progress, via 1:1, group and telephone.
- Digital literacy, ability to use digital channels and platforms in the delivery of information or advice and guidance. This includes the promotion of specific online tools and websites; other relevant social media channels as well as software packages to record and report information and support customer learning.
- Effective networking and partnership skills
- High level of organisation and planning skills with effective case loading
- Ability to follow procedures and meet compliance requirements
- Ability to work independently
- Good level of written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills to deal with participants.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Willingness to undertake training as required.
- Ability to obtain information and record information accurately with high level of attention to detail.
- Recent experience of delivering advice and guidance as well as job or learning outcomes in a target driven environment.
- Organising and coordination of a range of promotional events.
- Experience of proactively using a Customer Relationship Management System (CRM).
- Experience of managing a caseload of customers for whom specific outcomes are achieved in guidance, skills or welfare to work setting.
- Excellent knowledge of the local labour market- routes into the labour market and knowledge of the progression routes including knowledge of local education, training and specialist service provision, specifically Construction.
- Knowledge of the Construction Industry and associated training.
- A warm approachable style to deliver is required in order to build relationships and rapport.
- Ability to understand, demonstrate and apply GC values: make a positive difference, stronger together, empower people, do the right thing and build on success.