SPS are currently inviting applications for the role of HPC Stand Controller to work closely with drivers to ensure our services operate to the highest possible quality standards of operational effectiveness. In addition, to champion and be an advocate of both Health and Safety and our project values and to support new or less experienced drivers.
Summary of Main Responsibilities / Duties
- To check the buses as they arrive and depart from site to ensure correct allocation of bus, driver and route and any anomalies to be updated on Utrack and reported to the Duty Manager.
- As buses terminate at HPC, collate passenger counts using Passenger Number Sheets.
- To assist with the parking of incoming buses onto site, eg into a parking bay or onto a stand for loading passengers.
- Organise and control the movement of buses onto and off the passenger stands at HPC.
- Direct passengers onto the correct buses.
- Ensure the safe loading of passengers onto the correct buses.
- To be aware of the protocols around security on site and how to contact security should any issues arise.
- Follow the correct process should an accident occur and before a bus is put back into service.
- Conduct a handover with off / on coming Stand Controller.
Summary of Experience / Skills / Knowledge / Qualifications
- Confident IT skills, including Microsoft Word & Excel.
- Supervisory experience and confidence giving instructions.
- Ability to coach and mentor less experienced drivers.
- Ability to use initiative and solve problems.
- Strong organisational and time management skills.
- Ability to prioritise.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written).
- Experienced in delivering a high level of customer service and dealing with customer complaints.
- Proven ability to work well in a team.
CV’s must be submitted in a pdf format.
|Closing date for application||Before Tuesday 12th March|
|Days||4 day static rota|
|Hours||Thursday - Sunday. Start: 0515hrs – finish 1130hrs|