Please find an opportunity for a Environmental Advisor to work for BYLOR on the Hinkley Point C Project.
Environmental Advisor required for the Bylor JV on the Hinkley Point C project in Somerset. Bylor is a joint venture between Laing O’Rourke and Bouygues TP, the successful candidate will be employed directly by one of the parent organisations.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Implement the requirements of the BYLOR Environmental Management System (EMS);
- Ensure clear understanding and compliance with all obligations imposed under the contract;
- Review Risk Assessments and Method Statements (RAMS) and Task Risk Assessments and Method Statements (TRAMs) for work activities in your dedicated works package;
- Provide support and advice to all BYLOR team members and subcontractors;
- Effectively report and communicate to all senior team members with relevant and clear information;
- Carry out and maintain Environmental Risk Assessments (ERA) specific to the scope of works;
- Report and record all environmental incidents and carry out an exploration when appropriate;
- Ensure environmental communications on site notice boards are up to date and relevant;
- Assist with the delivery of the environmental section of the BYLOR induction when required;
- Produce and deliver relevant tool box talks, as required, to all staff and operatives on subjects relevant to the dedicated work area keeping records of all attendance registers;
- Delivery of specific training when required e.g. emergency preparedness, environmental awareness;
- Collate records of environmental data for waste, water, carbon and timber keeping them up to date on a weekly basis to ensure efficient reporting for the 1st of every month;
- Uploading all environmental data onto Impact (BYLOR system) and Tracker Plus (NNB reporting system), and provide the all environmental data to the BYLOR central Environment team on a monthly basis;
- Carry out weekly environmental inspections of dedicated work areas, record all observations and actions on an environmental inspection record and distribute actions accordingly. Collate evidence of close outs for record;
- Accompany the Client (NNB) on monthly environmental inspections and action or allocate responsibility for any observations raised;
- Carry out one compliance obligation inspection per month, record all observations and actions on a compliance obligation record and distribute actions accordingly. Collate evidence of close outs for record.
- Attend the relevant meetings e.g. progress and HSE meetings to discuss environmental risks and opportunities;
- Ensure that a strong relationship is established and maintained with the NNB construction and environment teams;
- Ensure a strong relationship is established and maintained with the NI HSE Team.
Knowledge / Experience / Qualifications Required:
- UK regulatory framework
- ISO 14001 requirements (auditor experience preferred)
- Sustainable development principles and practices
- Management of Environmental Management Systems
- Practical Experience in Environmental Management in Construction (>3 years preferred)
- Diploma in Environmental Management (or equivalent)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to gain the confidence and cooperation with all members of the various teams;
- An analytical approach and a high level of attention to detail
- Problem-solving skills and the ability to operate effectively under pressure and to tight deadlines;
- Negotiating skills and the capacity to persuade others in order to achieve results and initiate action;
- An understanding of practical conditions in industry and the ability to apply workable solutions;
- The ability to work independently and also as part of a team;
- Basic IT skills;
- Confident in delivering training and facilitating learning;
- Passionate about achieving sustainability;
- The ability to identify and take into account the many different cultures that are embedded within the BYLOR teams.
CV’s must be submitted in a pdf format.
|Job Category||Advisor, Environment|
|Closing date for application||Before Wednesday 13th March|