JOB TITLE: HSE Manager
REPORTS TO: Project Director PROJECT: HPC Ancillary Buildings Phase 1
Job Purpose and Scope:
To be responsible for the economic safe management of the project in respect of health, safety and the environment by ensuring full compliance with the Employers standards, BYUK standards, UK/EU Legislation, ACOP’s and providing advice and guidance to the project team to meet the requirements of the contract.
Accountabilities and keys tasks:
- Accountable for the health, safety and environmental standards on
- To ensure the highest standards of health, safety and environmental
- Ensure compliance with UK/EU Legislation, ACOP’s and latest Guidance relating to Safety, Health and the
- Responsible for all matters relating to Safety, Health and Environmental
- Responsible for site compliance with Principal Contractor HSE requirements and
- Responsible for creating, updating and implementing the Construction Phase Health and Safety Plan, including all supporting document in relation to fire, traffic, OH
- Responsible for creating, updating and implementing the Project Environmental Management Plan including the Site Waste Management
- Ensures a strong Nuclear Safety culture by actively promoting a strong health and safety culture
- Implements and delivers the Ecosite UK and Topsite
- Implements and oversees BYUK reporting tools such as Smart Waste, and AIMS
- Implements and oversees NNB reporting tools such as SELMA
- To evaluate the process and the effectiveness of the SHE Plans and procedures
- To introduce innovative and effective procedures as required to meet the project needs in full compliance and harmony with BYUK
- To ensure the Principal Contractor is satisfied that all possible measures and procedures have been implemented to achieve a safe working
- Review the supply chain competency and oversee the continuous monitoring and assurance of competency.
- Ensure work authorisation is achieved and adhered to along with the Principal Contractor Permit system.
- Supporting the Package Manager by ensuring the supply chain provide the necessary and correct pre-requisite information to work on site in line with the Readiness Review
- Review RAMS for high risk activities and verify control measures. Ensure RAMS are received, reviewed and accepted in a timely fashion so as not to delay the works in line with the Readiness Review
- To ensure all workers are set to work properly and in a safe manner by ensuring daily safe start briefings are carried
- To ensure POWRA (Point of Works Risk Assessments) are carried out for all
- Liaise, as required, with local authority and central government, statutory enforcement agencies, e.g. HSE, Environmental
- Review COSHH assessments for all hazardous substances brought onto site and verify control measures and maintain COSHH stock
- To verify the competence of our staff by ensuring and monitoring the right level of training required for project staff and supervisors on site in accordance with the BYUK/HPC training matrix and the Principal contractor and site
- To implement and take responsibility for induction of Project staff and supply chain in line with the Principal contractor and site
- To promote and manage an honest and transparent reporting systems in line with BYUK, Principal contractor and site
- To audit and promote communication by means of ToolBox talks, ABC’s, Information boards and Consultation
- To ensure that the company gets the best out of its sub-contractors and suppliers, by proper selection and management in conjunction with the project
- To consult with all team members and disciplines to provide effective management of
- To portray the company’s image to the best advantage and to encourage other employees to do the same.
- Input into the package procurement process ensuring a full and complaint scope in relation to health, safety, environment and security and input into the post tender review
- Ensure all workers working within the BYUK secure compounds are authorised to do so and in full compliance with the project rules and
- To follow the Company’s Equality Policy in relation to other staff and supply
- Lead and run the Monthly Project HSE
- Attend and participate in the monthly HPC HSE
- Attend and participate in the monthly HPC Contractors Safety Forum, ensure continues dialogue and best practise and trend sharing with other Tier 1 contractors on
- Record data and report against agreed KPI’s.
- Contribute and participate into the monthly reporting to NNB and
- Ensure the Monthly SHE consultation meetings and regular supply chain briefings are carried
- To be responsible for all Temporary works on site
- To be responsible for all Lifting operations on site
- To be responsible for all high risk activities on site
- To coordinate and ensure the Health and Safety file is being prepared and
Post Completion Duties:
- Completion of the Health and Safety file
In addition to the duties and responsibilities listed above, the job holder may be required to perform other duties assigned by their line manager from time to time, outside the normal sphere of work as may be reasonably requested.
The job holder will be required to undertake such flexible and additional working hours as may be necessary, within reason, to facilitate the efficient fulfilment of the duties required by position.
Essential and Desirable Criteria:
- Min 3-5 years’ experience of HSE Management for Tier 1 contractors within a regulated and process driven
- Demonstrates strong attention to detail, produce accurate work and be
- To be innovative by identifying and implementing new ways to do things to achieve better ways of working.
- Ability to work within a large team and a one team
- Appointed Person (lifting).
- NEBOSH National Diploma
- Environmental Training – Minimum SEATS
- Strong Communication skills
- OHSAS 18001 familiarisation Desirable:
- Degree level in Health, Safety and the Environment
ISO 45001 familiarisation
CV’s must be submitted in a pdf format.
|Closing date for application||Before Mid-Day on Monday 4th February|