|ROLE TITLE||Project Labour Scheduler|
|ROLE LEVEL||Grade C2
Reports to: Project Controls & Logistics Manager
|LOCATION||M4 J3-12 (Contract 1 Jnc 8/9 – 12.)|
|ROLE PURPOSE||To manage and ensure that all of the site labour requirements for the project are scheduled, ordered, provided and pre-allocated as required by the operational teams.
To reconcile the site labour allocated to the project and ensures that these are managed and quantified.
To implement, manage and utilise a digital system to plan co-ordinate and manage site labour requirements
|DIMENSIONS||Financial: Understanding and monitoring of budget associated with site labour provided and their respective activities.
Organisational: To support and assist the projects Operational, Commercial and Finance Teams with all aspects related to the procurement and provision of Site Labour.
|INTERFACES||Internal: Operations Team (all levels), Health and Safety Team, Commercial Team, Finance Team, Senior Project Leadership Team.
External: Supply chain, periodic interface with Client and other stakeholders
· Live the Balfour Beatty Values
· Ensure a relentless focus on Zero Harm
· Support the delivery of Balfour Beatty and Highway England’s Sustainability activities
· Continually seeks to improve to operational efficiency.
Health Safety, Environment and Sustainability
· Communicate and ensure that all of the suppliers fully comply to all Health & Safety requirements
· Not applicable
Quality of Service
· Ensure that the requirements of the Balfour Beatty Business Management System, including processes, reference materials and forms are cascaded and implemented, with regular reviews of updates as necessary.
· Site Labour requisitioned and called off in line with programmes
· Plan, manage and allocate labour from regular programmes
· Pre-allocate activities for all site labour
· Ensure that all pre-allocation of site labour is completed and reconciled daily
· Prepare site labour requirements summarised from stage programmes and weekly programmes
· Ensure site labour requisition process is fully compliant
· Ensure requisitions detailed with hire and off hire dates
· Ensure that all site labour is managed efficiently
· Ensure that utilisation and productivity of site labour is managed and data analysed to improve operational efficiencies
· Ensure that site labour allocation timesheets are produced and reconciled regularly
· Ensure that cost data is made available expediently
· Preparation of regular site labour reconciliations and analysis
· Maintain records, minutes, registers and data as required
· Requirements communicated to suppliers for site labour and then called off by same
· Manage and monitor costs for all Site labour requirements.
· Advise Commercial Team of possible issues with subcontractors and provide guidance
|PERSONAL QUALITIES AND EXPERIENCE||The following qualities/experience are essential:
Health, Safety, Environment and Sustainability
· Takes ownership and accountability for tasks and sees through to successful completion
· Understanding and knowledge of confidentiality requirements of role
· Experience of chairing meetings, both with the workforce and supply chain
· Strong and effective communication skills to deliver key safety messages
· Strong understanding and experience of logistics management, including timely allocation and requisitioning of site labour and maximising operational efficiencies across multiple locations
· Understanding of quality documents
· Understanding and proactive in improving operational efficiency for requisitioning and provision of site labour
Understanding of how budgets are produced and how costs are defined
|BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES||Results Driven: Demonstrates a passion and excitement for his/her work. Tackles problems head-on and works to resolve them without delay.
Focus on Excellence: Willing to go the extra mile to exceed expectations. Continually searches for ways to add value and take performance to the next level.
Teamwork & Collaboration: Puts aside personal agendas to work for the benefit of customers and suppliers and other stakeholders. Proactively builds knowledge through sharing knowledge, ideas and expertise with others.
Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers. Actively collects customer information and uses it to improve services and solutions. Manages the experience of customers to ensure positive relationships are established and maintained.
Operational Excellence: Plans and organises work to safely achieve maximum efficiency and output. Delivers results consistently.
Adaptability: Learns quickly. Adapts positively to changing business and customer demands. Is energised by change.
CV’s must be submitted in a pdf format.