|ROLE TITLE||Project Site Haulage Controller|
|ROLE LEVEL||Grade C2
Reports to: Project Controls & Logistics Manager
|ROLE PURPOSE||To manage and ensure that all site haulage requirements for the project are: scheduled; ordered; called off; and delivered as required by the operational teams.
To reconcile the site haulage delivered to the project, and ensured that these are managed and quantified.
To implement and utilise a digital system to: plan / schedule; coordinate; and manage site haulage requirements across the project.
To routinely review the site haulage processes and procedures in order to ensure efficiency is maintained across the provision of site haulage.
|DIMENSIONS||Financial: Understanding and monitoring of budget associated with site haulage ordered and their respective activities.
Organisational: To support and assist the projects Operational, Commercial and Finance Teams with all aspects related to project site haulage.
|INTERFACES||Internal: Logistics Manager; Operations Team (all levels); Health and Safety Team; Commercial Team; Finance Team; and Senior Project Leadership Team.
External: Site haulage suppliers; digital system provider (when implemented); and periodic interface with the Client.
● Live the Balfour Beatty Values
● Ensure a relentless focus on Zero Harm
● Support the delivery of Balfour Beatty and Highway England’s Sustainability activities
● Continually seeks to improve to operational efficiency.
Health Safety, Environment and Sustainability
● Communicate and ensure that site haulage suppliers are fully conversant and compliant with site health and safety requirements.
Quality of Service
● Ensure that the requirements of the Balfour Beatty Business Management System, including processes, reference materials and forms are cascaded and implemented; with regular reviews and updates as necessary.
● Plan, schedule and forecast site haulage requirements from the Stage Programmes and Lookahead Plans; ensure this is communicated to the suppliers.
● Effectively manage the site haulage operations and call off process across the project, including:
○ Process site haulage call off in line with programmes, with suppliers;
○ Ensure site haulage requisition process is fully compliant;
○ Ensure requisitions are detailed with hire and off hire dates;
○ Ensure site haulage timesheets are produced and reconciled regularly;
○ Daily operational tracking of site haulage assets, locations and operations;
○ Ensure that all site haulage journeys are documented and recorded accurately;
○ Treat / Mitigate site haulage issues, such as; delivered to wrong location, delivered at incorrect time and not ‘just in time’;
○ Ensure suitable processes are in place to collate all site haulage delivery notes, and ensure that they are checked and signed;
○ Automated (electronic) transfer of weighbridge ticket and invoice from supplier to Site Haulage Controller; and
○ Check automated (electronic) entry of costs on to BB system from supplier.
● Ensure that usage and productivity of site haulage are captured and data analysed to improve operational efficiencies.
● Ensure cost data is made available expediently.
● Regular reconciliations of all utilised site haulage.
● Maintain records, minutes, registers and data as required.
● Manage and monitor additional costs for all site haulage procurement.
● Advise and provide guidance to Commercial Team on potential issues with subcontractors.
|PERSONAL QUALITIES AND EXPERIENCE||The following qualities/experience are essential:
Health, Safety, Environment and Sustainability
● Relevant CSCS Card.
● Takes ownership and accountability for tasks and sees through to successful completion.
● Understanding and knowledge of confidentiality requirements of role.
● Experience of chairing meetings, both with the workforce and suppliers.
● Strong and effective communication skills to deliver key safety messages.
Logistics / Haulage Operations Management:
● Strong understanding and experience of delivering large-scale haulage operations across construction and civil engineering projects.
● Proven track record of maximising operational efficiencies in construction haulage operations.
● Understanding of quality documents required for delivery of site haulage across the project.
● Understanding and proactive in improving operational efficiency across site haulage operations.
● Understanding of how budgets are produced and how costs are defined.
|BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES||Results Driven: Demonstrates a passion and excitement for his/her work. Tackles problems head-on and works to resolve them without delay.
Focus on Excellence: Willing to go the extra mile to exceed expectations. Continually searches for ways to add value and take performance to the next level.
Teamwork & Collaboration: Puts aside personal agendas to work for the benefit of customers and suppliers and other stakeholders. Proactively builds knowledge through sharing knowledge, ideas and expertise with others.
Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers. Actively collects customer information and uses it to improve services and solutions. Manages the experience of customers to ensure positive relationships are established and maintained.
Operational Excellence: Plans and organises work to safely achieve maximum efficiency and output. Delivers results consistently.
Adaptability: Learns quickly. Adapts positively to changing business and customer demands. Is energised by change.
CV’s must be submitted in a pdf format.