Please find an opportunity for a Quality Manager to work for BYLOR on the Hinkley Point C Project. Bylor is a joint venture between Laing O’Rourke and Bouygues TP.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Support the Quality Leader to ensure the processes needed for the management system are properly established, implemented and maintained
- Support the establishment of the Quality Management System including plans, procedures, guides, templates, training materials and tools by providing guidance and review / comment, and as agreed with the Quality Leader, assistance in preparation.
- Provide guidance and review / comment on the preparation of deliverables such as Quality Plans, Method Statements, Inspection & Test Plans, Work Procedures, Material Approval Forms, Quality Record Templates, Quality Dossiers, End of Construction Status Reports, Work Instructions, and so on. This will include deliverables prepared by Suppliers. As agreed with the Quality Leader, assist in preparation.
- Provide guidance on the selection and application of sampling plans for quality control and quality surveillance.
- Provide input and comment on quality requirements for procurement packages.
- Participate in risk management, lessons learned, deviation analysis, identifying quality related activities in relation to nuclear safety
- Support the implementation of the quality management system through quality training and coaching.
- Monitor that the processes are delivering their intended outputs
- Identify, plan and conduct surveillance checks and audits to verify that management system and work processes are being properly performed, that the processes are delivering their intended outputs, and that evidence to demonstrate this is retained. Auditing will include supplier assessment audits. Note that auditing will be a key part of the role and workload.
- Ensure non-conformances in products and processes are identified and resolved through a system that ensures corrective and preventive actions are properly defined and implemented.
- Intervene when the quality of works is at risk or has been affected, and escalate to senior management level as appropriate to ensure proper resolution
- Report on the performance of the management system, on opportunities for improvement, and on the need for change or innovation
- Monitor and report the performance of the Quality Management Systems and work execution processes to ensure conformance of the works and achievement of objectives through reviews, monitoring, audits, inspections and analysis.
- Perform or support reporting on statistical confidence of the quality being achieved.
- Provide regular reports to inform of current issues and actions, and their status.
- Regularly review the results with the Quality Leader and others as appropriate to identify areas for improvement and define related actions, and then follow up their implementation.
- Must have experience in a similar role ideally in the Construction industry or similar.
- Qualified to chartership level would be desirable however must hold relevant and recognised qualifications in Quality Management.
CV’s must be submitted in a pdf format.
|Closing date for application||Before 18th January 2019|