Please find an opportunity for a Temporary Works Design Engineer to work for BYLOR on the Hinkley Point C Project.
BYLOR have an exciting opportunity for a motivated and ambitious Temporary Works Design Engineer to join one of Europe’s largest civil works projects. Bylor are a joint venture between Laing O’Rourke and Bouygues TP. The successful candidate will be employed directly by one of the parent companies.
- Provide safe, practical and economic designs of temporary works in accordance with company procedures, the British and European codes of practice and UK construction Health and safety legislation
- Prepare conceptual and detailed designs including calculations, design risk assessments and sketches / drawings / models as appropriate
- Understand the practicalities of the erection, use and dismantle of temporary works
- Ensure technical issues are resolved in a timely manner in accordance with company procedures
- Liaise with project teams with respect to their design requirements
- Coordinate design work with external designers
- BEng / MEng in Civil or Structural Engineering
- Up to 5 years experience in Temporary works design
- Hands on experience with BS 5975
- Experience in the design of formwork, falsework and access scaffolding
- Experience in the design of bespoke shutters (steel or timber)
- Experience with codes of practice for concrete and steel work design (EN & BS codes)
CV’s must be submitted in a pdf format.
|Job Category||Design Engineer|
|Closing date for application||Before Friday 18th January 2019|