How BuildForce works for Service Leavers and Veterans
BuildForce aims to inspire and enable service leavers and veterans to pursue careers in construction. BuildForce provides 1-2-1 mentoring that guides you through the entire process, from learning about the huge range of opportunities in the construction sector to training and securing employment.
When you sign up for FREE, Service Leavers and Veterans will:
- Be assigned a personal Mentor who will guide you through the entire process through to employment
- Your Mentor will identify and assess your personal training needs and, if necessary, recommend relevant courses and qualifications to help you find the ideal career
- You will have access to training courses and services from BuildForce partner Carillion
- You will have one to one support while you search for your preferred role
- We will help you craft your CV and offer guidance on interview techniques and effective communication
- You will be introduced to our network of potential employers
- You will have opportunities to network with other companies, individuals and organisations
BuildForce is open to all Service Leavers & Veterans regardless of former rank who want to pursue a career in the Construction Industry. It is entirely free to join
Step 1 – Registration
Complete our online registration form – one of our team will respond, usually within 48 hours.
Step 2 – Individual assessment
We will contact you by phone and/or face to face to discuss your particular requirements and assess your situation. Your personal training programme will then be created.
Step 3 – Mentor allocation
You will be assigned a personal Mentor, many of whom have experience of transitioning from the Military to Construction careers. Your Mentor will be allocated by location and/or area of expertise/interest.
Step 4 – Mentoring process
Your Mentor will help you with every stage of the path to finding your ideal construction career. This includes advice, guidance, helping you secure interviews, work placements, recommending course/qualifications and providing job opportunities.
Step 5 – Evaluation & feedback
A BuildForce team member will be available to offer you guidance and support as you continue your journey into construction employment. A review of your progress and outcomes will also be conducted.